Tuesday, September 30, 2008

yaay

Yesterday was pretty sweet. Due to various meetings and projects, I didn't have to spend much time on the phone at work. I made a pumpkin pie for my team meeting, and it was tasty and very easy to make. I also unveiled a team folder project I had been working on and it was well-recieved.

The other nice thing is that fall is aparently the time of year for extra activities at work, because we have a couple coming up that I get to be involved with. More time off the phone! More fun!

Oh and I almost forgot, I got this tea I ordered online awhile ago yesterday, and it is really good. Plus an electric kettle so I don't have to be the person who ghettoly microwaves water for tea anymore. I'm looking at getting a nice teapot in the future but all the cool ones cost money. I guess I'll just have to keep using that one I stole off the homeless guy in the street.

EDIT: Man I can't believe I forgot to post about this but a couple days ago Julie and I went to Medieval times! It was really awesome and there were lots of cool horseys. It seems mostly andalusians (I think the whole thing is sort of based on Spain in medival times) but the herald guy had a friesan. I was able to look over to Julie and say, "I breed imaginary versions of that on the internet!" Instead I didn't say that, and she still thinks I am sane. I do think I mentioned Howrse to her when we were looking at the horses in their little air-conditioned stalls beforehand, though. They are really bizarre-ly still horses. Julie thought it might be the fact that there's no flies.

I bought an overpriced keychain and we sprung for a photo of ourselves in medival garb. We posed in front of a green screen and they added green hills and a horsey in the background. I look sort of sarcastic and Julie looks like she's bonking the horse on the nose, but all in all I am happy with it.

So they acted out a story, I don't know whether or not it was based on any real incidents in Spanish history, but basically the prince was kidnapped while securing peace with a kingdom that they'd recently been at war with. The rest of the family had to go on with this feast they were putting on for the nobles (us). It turns out the son of the warring kingdom didn't want peace. He cheats at the games at the feast and says there will not be peace. The prince comes back and fights him. The guy's dad still wants peace. The prince wins, there's peace, everyone wins, woo! So basically the knights did tricks, the horses did tricks, and they had a falconer too.

The food was actually really good as well. Coming from someone as picky as me, that's a compliment. So delicious roast chicken (half a chicken, I'm not kidding), tomato soup, a rib (that seemed weird to include, but okay, it tasted pretty good), apple pastry, garlic bread. And we ate it with our hands!

The long bus ride disagreed with me, but it was worth it. Yay!

0 comments: