Monday, June 09, 2008

Stuff has mostly been going better for me lately. Saturday I got my new computer, which I mentioned. It's been sort of annoying reinstalling everything and putting all my settings the way I like them, but otherwise good. I thought I broke it right out of the box for a second, but Ryan saved the day, as he is wont to do.

Saturday was also good because I hung out with the people I've been hanging out with sometimes lately, and it was pretty awesome, and not just because I'm a desperate friend-whore right now. Like... I worry a little bit, and wonder if most of them like me or hang out with me out of pity. It just seems a little awkward, they have their little in-jokes, most of them don't laugh that much at my jokes. I guess the point is kind of moot though, because they obviously like me enough to invite me to things, and I really like hanging out with them.

And not just because they have a ton of freakin' awesome board/card games, and enough people around to make them worth playing (though obviously that helps). I've already been totally lusting after Betrayal at House on the Hill for a few years now, and playing it again a couple times has renewed that feeling with a vengeance. They had several other cool weird games too. Then the having enough people thing also kicked in, in that we played Spades, which was ton of fun. Common game... but uncommon for me because it seems like I can never nag more than one person into playing a game with me at any one time, even back when I did have friends I hung out with more (exception: times when I could get Rebecca, Andy, and Julie together--which is when I developed my often thwarted love for Euchre too).

In bad news my brakes are fucked up. My dad and I thought they were just low on fluid, which was true, because filling it up again seemed to have fixed the problem. But the brake light came on again on the way home again, which means I have at least a leak, if not actually some fucker cutting my brake line.

I know that sounds paranoid, but hear me out: in less than six months since I moved here, my tires have been slashed and my car has been keyed twice. Another creepy bit about the tire thing is that my tire iron just maaagically disapeared at the same time (and it's not like I ever take it out of it's place in the car, and before that had sometimes left my car unlocked because I don't have anything of value in there). I don't know if it's a series of horribly coincidental random acts of violence from the universe, the same punk teenagers over and over, or someone with a real vendetta against me.

The first one seems unlikely, who has 5 different people vandalize their car over 6 months? The second one seems unlikely, who vandalizes a nondescript car that clearly has been around since the birth of grunge? Plus I live in a way nicer neighborhood than before, where my car, parked on the street, was only vandalized once in the year & a half I lived there. Plus, no one else in my building has had their car vandalized.

The third seems unlikely too, but who knows. If it is a person with something against me, it makes me way angrier than the previous things, because cutting someone's brake line makes my car unsafe. I could die because this fucker is angry at me and won't just tell me and get it over with.

Or if you want a snappier version of the brake complaining:

phoemeister (10:39:57 PM): I think someone is trying to kill me
CrashMan2112 (10:40:05 PM): why do you say that?
phoemeister (10:40:15 PM): my brake line is leaking
phoemeister (10:40:21 PM): I think someone cut it
phoemeister (10:40:27 PM): because someone keeps vandalizing my car
CrashMan2112 (10:40:29 PM): that's a bit mean
phoemeister (10:40:37 PM): yeah plus I mean
phoemeister (10:40:45 PM): who goes after a 1994 Camry
phoemeister (10:40:53 PM): I get it if you drive a Bentley or something
CrashMan2112 (10:43:52 PM): does anyone dislike you that you know of
phoemeister (10:44:42 PM): I dunno. If it's anyone it's my downstairs neighbors
phoemeister (10:45:04 PM): but like... asking me to turn my music down a couple times seems like it doesn't equal trying to kill me
CrashMan2112 (10:45:15 PM): to some it would
phoemeister (10:45:24 PM): but it's all happened since I moved here and I don't know anyone else here who has reason to dislike me
phoemeister (10:45:43 PM): well they do seem like fairly angry people, I hear them yelling at each other and their baby pretty often
CrashMan2112 (10:48:58 PM): maybe you should go take the stems out of their tires
phoemeister (10:49:47 PM): haha

Anyway it depresses me, esp. since I've been thinking about some other stuff lately too.

0 comments: