Friday, April 18, 2008

dad

In general, I am bad at cheering people up. I can't tell you how many times I've had people just not like it when I try. Anyway, I'm beginning to think it might be a hereditary trait.

Today my dad came over to help me get my caremark card, which, I've been meaning to do for awhile. But then of course there were 18 different home improvement projects he wanted to help me with. Which, I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, I probably couldn't do any of this on my own and it is awesome of him to help, but I don't usually feel like doing them even when I'm in a good mood, and I'm certainly not in a good mood now. But we got through that.

Then he just started in on everything again. He and I have sort of been in conflict recently, because I told him that therapist said I should maybe try antidepressants. And I told him I don't know yet, but I have been fairly depressed for awhile. Except for a brief window when I started at Borders, I've pretty much been depressed since high school, and even then I wasn't really peppy mcpepperson. And again I got into how I think most of the choices I've made with my life suck, and I've wasted a lot of time so far doing jobs I hate, and I've acquired no marketable skills. Which, it's sort of an arguement, and it made me feel worse, so I ended up crying again. Which is the second time since all this started when we've gotten into an argument and it's made me feel even worse.

I know he's trying his best and all, it's just hard.

0 comments: