Monday, January 28, 2008

burn baby burn

So, today at work a guy was hocking his daughter's girl scout cookies and I gave in and ordered a box... or 2 or 3... or 6. It was kind of weird, I just bought girl scout cookies at work from a guy hocking them for his daughter, at the same company that my dad used to hock my cookies at where he worked when I was a girl scout. So... I blame nostalgia for ordering $21 and god knows how many calories worth of cookies today. At least that's what I'm going to say it is. And 1/3 of those are for my dad, anyway. He is a fan of Do-si-do's.

In other news: there is way too much BS involved in applying to study at U of I. 3 letters of reference. 1 essay on why I want to be a librarian. 1 essay on an interview I have to conduct with a librarian. A transcript from ISU. A longass application. A $50 application fee.

Jesus, dudes.... if I suck, I'll fail out and you won't have to worry about me making you look bad. You will get my money anyway! I mean I sort of get the logic of the application fee (i.e. might as well gouge the applicant as much as possible) and the transcript & most of the application (they can't accept EVERYONE, obviously). But after this much work + the extortionist fee, I'm seriously going to have to burn the entire campus down if I don't get accepted.

2 comments:

the becca said...

Ha! The same thing w/Girl Scout Cookies just happened to me... but I got hit from two sides. Sheesh!

Anyway, uhm, I know that it's my fault that many mp3 tags of yours suck, but I find it highly amusing that it means I'm now your weekly top artist AND I get credit for songs by NMH, JoCo, AND The Traveling Wilburys. Awesome.

Phoex said...

Woo! It just shows how cool you are!