Tuesday, December 11, 2007

convers

Awesome conversations I have had today:

Me: I was wondering if I could just use your toiletries.
Roni: Like what?
Me: Like bodywash, shampoo, etc.
Roni: Sure, for some reason I thought you meant like, feminine hygiene products or something.
Me: I would be a little scared if you bought me tampons
Roni: I bought them for myself, okay. But you can borrow them. And I MEAN borrow, I want them back after you are finished.
Me: You're cooking lasagna? You need to make marinara sauce?
Roni: It's the special ingriedient. It is all natural.

Chick from work: That was the easiest call ever.
Me: Was it your mom?

*pause*

Me: she's pretty easy.

Un awesome conversations today:

I spoke to every foriegner ever at work today, I think. This includes a dude who spoke exactly like Borat. If it weren't totally unfunny and he didn't have a legitimately foreign sounding name, I would think he was putting me on. I kept expecting him to be like, "Niiiice." Instead, he asked me what the warranty Goodyear sold him on his tires would cover, since he had a flat, and then asked me when the store who sold them would open in the morning. Trying to tell him that I don't know because I don't work for that store, nor do I even live in the same town as him, was like talking to a brick wall.

This also includes a Chinese guy who kept telling me I sounded "sleepy," and told me to "go home and get some rest." He actually said and meant this in a nice way, which is somewhat refreshing compared to the people who lash out at me due to their perception of my tiredness, but it was still fucking annoying.

Then, like I said, 80 other foreigners with the usual problems, i.e. me trying to tell them something, them not understanding, them telling me something, me not understanding.

Oh well. The tampon conversation was pretty awesome.

0 comments: