Monday, October 15, 2007

Well, I don't know if it's because I sort of expected it or because I'm a horrible person, but I just found out that my mom had cancer and I don't feel all that bad. Aside from the guilt about not feeling bad. I don't know, it doesn't seem real. It's in her liver, which is supposedly pretty hard to treat, but they did a biopsy today (results not in yet) to see whether or not it can be treated. The reason she had trouble breathing (and I got confused, I thought it was in multiple places, including her lungs but I was wrong) is that the mass on her liver is kind of pushing up on her lung.

EDIT: that sounded sort of robotty. I AM sad and upset. Just not to the extent that I think I SHOULD be.

2 comments:

thevitaminkid said...

Sorry to hear that. If it is confined to the liver and can be removed surgically, the liver can regenerate. But it doesn't sound good. Best wishes.

Terrace said...

I'd think it's because you expected it, since how much your mom smoked. Because it's not because your a bad person at all...