Sunday, October 28, 2007

the moves

--Moving blows. I still have too much stuff.

--And yet, I don't have enough stuff. Having to go out and buy like, drapes and shower curtains and the like is proving annoying as well.

--Colitis blows... I felt really crappy earlier and had to call off work. I kind of didn't want to, because I called off two weeks ago (I really was sick + I found out my mom had cancer that day) but it was that or show up late cause I couldn't get off the toilet (I actually called in while on the toilet) and then spend the first couple hours there running back and forth to their toilet once I did get in, which not only is counterproductive, but makes me look bad in the long run anyway cause it fucks up my call handle time. I really am way too nervous about this.... I mean, it's not Tami and Borders, here. I do think my current employer would be reluctant to fire me/discipline me over a disability. But it's still worriesome, esp. since my supervisor seemed (she didn't come out and say it, mind you) a little skeptical over when I called in two weeks ago, cause she'd talked to me earlier in the day and thought I sounded fine.

By the way, I did finally see the remodeled condo, and it is totally pretty. Like me! This might be tooting my own horn or whatever, but I think it turned out really well, considering how much work I had to do in reconciling my tastes with my moms and the world at large's and the fact that whenever I picked any tile the store kept not having it. The 2nd bedroom is probably what I like least... (brightish green carpet + pale, almost white yellow walls) but I don't actively dislike it and I'm not spending a ton of time in there anyway. The kitchen and the bathroom look AMAZING (to me, I had my reservations due to all the tile switcharoos/lack of good tile choices to begin with, but they turned out better than I could've hoped) and I love the blue that the living room and other bedroom are done in.

Now I just have to work at the packing... It's actually not that hard, because I'm one of those idiots who just throws everything in a box and then sorts it out later (even if everything's all jumbled up, I mind unpacking less than packing for whatever reason), but it feels hard and I don't like it. I did finally get some boxes at Borders, though, so I actually will probably manage to have places for all my things, which is good. And like I said.... I'm weirdly looking forward to unpacking. It's sort of how you make a place yours, and there is SO much room at the new place.

0 comments: