Sunday, September 30, 2007

physics makes us all its bitches

I think I've realized one of the reasons my mom and I don't get along so well. Err, maybe two of the reasons though they might be one reason because they sort of feed each other.

1) My mom doesn't understand 90% of anything genuinely creative or funny

2) She is very worried about appearances.

They feed into each other, because she hates when I do something I think is hilarious or creative, because she thinks it makes me look like a dumbass.

She was giving me shit last night about the origami I have hanging at my appt. Which, she's never SEEN it. Because she never visits me. She said it was tacky and that I shouldn't do it at the new place. But... I get a lot of compliments on the oragami. Even more on the snowflakes. It can't look that bad, can it? I can see lying about it looking good if someone is like, "does my oragami look good?" but these were unsolicited compliments!

And she got mad at me for my Halloween costume I want to do. Since I have decided I don't want to pay a whole bunch of money, I've decided to do what I orig. wanted to be in this really goofy ghetto sort of way. Everyone I've mentioned this to thought it was hilarious. Even my dad. But my mom was all "how could you do that it would look awful you'll embarass yourself" which, it's a halloween party. Is there any costume on earth that you would actually wear on a normal day? No. You're supposed to look stupid.

0 comments: