Monday, September 10, 2007

more tile talk

Comments I got RE: my tile

Tina:
try going to a tile place instead of a hardware store. The hardware place is just going to have a general selection but an actual tile store will have more.

And your not a yuppie. Your the hot bitch with a brand new condo.


Opt:
I'm with Tina.

If not a tile store, then something like Sherwin Williams...

How about some crazy black & white classic?

Strangely, I was just having a conversation about tile, myself, since my stupid landlord used ceramic tile in my KITCHEN which I found out when I got ceramic shards in my foot after dropping a heavy frozen thing that broke the tile.

Beware... don't make the same mistake!


My reply:

I'm sorta kinda forced to go with something at Lowe's unless I want to pay a lot extra, because the guy doing all this gets a mad discount at Lowe's.

As for Black & White, I was thinking of that, but my mom told me black and white is ugly and not to go with it because it would look like a public bathroom. And yes, this advice was actually solicited. I brought her in on this as a failsafe to keep me from doing anything too crazy or stupid (like an undersea mural). Plus, I suck at coordinating colors. I'm sorta kinda regretting this, because I forgot that our tastes differ and we would end up arguing the whole time, and her tastes can be somewhat out there too, so it's like the failsafe needs a failsafe.

And I AM a hot bitch!

PS: Right now I am reading a Mark Haddon novel that makes me feel like I'm reading a John Updike novel. Which is to say, I hate it but feel that I have to plow through anyway.

1 comments:

the becca said...

I felt exactly like that during "Spot of a Bother". If that's what you're reading...

1) It does eventually get a little better
2) but not enough to actually justify having read it.
3) I'm giving away my copy or selling it at a yard sale
4) I got the copy for free, and I still don't feel the need to hold on to it.

and if it's not what you're reading, then you're warned against reading it.