Thursday, August 30, 2007

why?

My gas bill is $86 dollars. In fucking August. No heating and barely any cooking. What the fuck? Could there be a leak? I would've thought I'd have smelled it or been blown up by now.

The DN's always suspected that we didn't get separate water heaters, and that's why their gas bill ended up rather high sometimes. But seriously, in the middle of August, who could be using at LEAST $50 more worth of hot water than previously?

Even if rates are up.... it's August. AUGUST. This is more than I was paying in the middle of winter for gas.

I hate that I'm making a little more money at my new job than I was at my old job, and all of it (if not more than the extra) is being absorbed by this BS, leaving me with the same or less than I was making before.

What I've been doing the last few days (aside from apparently using a lot of gas and not knowing about it): watching movies. I've watched about half of the DVD's I own, and last night I rented about four (at Family Video because I can never go to Hipster ever again) and watched them all. It was pretty depressing.

Idiocracy was depressing because it's not that far off the mark RE: our future.

Running With Scissors.... well, if you've read the book, you know. I was actually slightly mad at it for not being as depressing as the book.

Miss Potter the most depressing of all. Mainly it just reminded me of the similarities of myself and her (old maid, overbearing mother) and the differences (she had real talent and a love for what she did, and eventually became self sufficient). But I guess it did teach me that if you wait long enough for the right guy you can hook up with a really nice guy who believes in you and looks like Ewan MacGregor (did anyone else find it hilarious that a guy with the last name MacGregor is in a biography of Beatrix Potter?) who will then die but then if you wait 8 more years you can marry some random other guy.

Catch and Release was depressing in how awful it was. I wanted dumb hollywood escapism but it was so very awful it couldn't even get me that. Awful!

0 comments: