Monday, August 20, 2007

old people mix cd

(3:03:08 PM) Me: seriously though I'm making it for my neighbor. She's going to either love it or hate it and regret mentioning to me that she likes my music
(3:03:13 PM) Ryanthor Murdoch: haha
(3:03:13 PM) Ryanthor Murdoch: yeah
(3:03:18 PM) Ryanthor Murdoch: maybe she'll learn to not eaves drop
(3:03:36 PM) Me: yeah :P
(3:03:39 PM) Me: or to not talk to me
(3:03:45 PM) Me: I'm not putting anything too scary on here
(3:03:50 PM) Me: re: curse words
(3:04:01 PM) Me: but most of it is pretty indie and "who the hell are they?" for an old woman, I'd think
(3:10:00 PM) Me: so, if she likes this, she is the coolest old lady ever
(3:10:11 PM) Me: 1. Nada Surf - Do it Again
2. Built to Spill - Goin’ Against Your Mind
3. Wolf Parade - I’ll Believe in Anything
4. Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - Rent a Wreck
5. Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland 1945
6. Red Hot Chili Peppers - 21st Century
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul to Squeeze
8. Ben Folds - There’s Always Someone Cooler Than You
9. Ben Folds - Annie Waits
10. Sufjan Stevens - The Henney Buggy Band
11. Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Feel the Illinoise!
12. They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in Your Soul
13. They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng
14. Modest Mouse - Dashboard
15. Modest Mouse - Float On
16. The Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
17. Brand New - Okay, I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don’t
18. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
(3:10:27 PM) Ryanthor Murdoch: nix number 3 and you got a winner
(3:10:32 PM) Me: haha
(3:10:45 PM) Me: you said that just to insult wolf parade. I bet you don't particularly love all the others either
(3:12:07 PM) Ryanthor Murdoch: most of the rest are good
(3:12:18 PM) Me: haha thanks

5 comments:

the becca said...

I'd switch out "Dashboard" for "Wild Pack of Family Dogs".

but then, I'd want the creep factor.

Phoex said...

Hahaha yeah.

Well I'd be ashamed to give that cd to a fellow hipster, everyone knows Float On and OH MY GOD the Franz Ferdinand and Gorillaz songs will never be good again because they're on Ipod commercials and EVERYONE has heard of Birdhouse in Your Soul. But... I figured they were the most accessable, if accessable at all, to old ladies ;)

the becca said...

Speaking of hipsters...

I assert that I am not as much of a hipster as my friend Ian...

who walked down the aisle at his wedding to "Such Great Heights" ... the IDLEWILD version.

I mean, sheesh... they used that on an M&Ms commercial.

Phoex said...

Uh I don't think idlewild has a version of it (that I know of). Iron and Wine did the vers. in the M & M's commercial

Phoex said...

Uh I don't think idlewild has a version of it (that I know of). Iron and Wine did the vers. in the M & M's commercial