Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm depressed. Yeah, seeing that on someone's online journal is not that surprising. It doesn't make it feel any better though.

Last night at work it hit me: I have to get out of here. The funny thing is, it wasn't particularly a bad night for that job. It didn't really suck more than usual. Which... is probably why it felt so bad. If you have an exceptionally bad call or series of calls, you can justify it to yourself as, "it's not always this bad." But, it wasn't worse than usual last night. It always IS this bad. And, like always, this led me to the fact that I don't just hate my job, I hate nearly everything about my life.

So I went home, looked at the jobs I always look at but will never get. I looked at the library science program of U of I that I see no feasible way of getting a degree in unless I want to go deeply in debt.

So I took way too many sleeping pills, and slept.

And when I woke up, nothing had changed.

2 comments:

thevitaminkid said...

http://health.msn.com/centers/depression/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100167285

Personally, I have found this to be true.

Anonymous said...

Getting deeply in debt is the American Way!

You already have the sleeping pills part down.