Saturday, August 04, 2007

the last great punkrock song before I unspike my hair and stop acting dumb

So last night sucked hardcore. I don't know if I've mentioned it on here before, but when I am half asleep, I am a moron. I don't know if that is the exact best way to put it, but I basically think/worry about the same thing over and over and can't stop. And usually it's worrying about something idiotic and/or a hypothetical discussion with someone who isn't there and is still idiotic. For instance, this is why I can't watch horror movies. If I do, at night, I'll think, "Predator/Freddie/Jason/Norman Bates/etc. is going to get me." If I could wake up all the way, I would be smart enough to know that Predator is not going to get me. If I could fall asleep all the way, I would probably have a typical nightmare which would run it's course and then I'd be fine. But instead I think, "Predator is going to get me" for several hours and don't get any real sleep.

So last night I had one of the few non-horror movie related expressions of that. I was apparently preoccupied with three things, actually. My job (yech, I've had several of these RE: my job, they're even harder to break free of cause of the repetative nature of this job), a conversation I had with someone last night, and "With the Dark," a TMBG song. These expressed themselves together in a way I've never had before. Which is to say, I had a dream where I was asking people the same thing over and over at work. About boat insurance policies. Which, at work, discussions about boat policies are rather rare, because most people don't have boats. To top it off, we can't really tell people anything about their boat policy anyway so I would not be asking anyone about boat policies. I think the reason I was mentally asking this question is because the whole time I had a line from the TMBG song in my head the WHOLE time, which was "I'm getting tired of all my nautical dreams/I'm getting tired of all my nautical schemes/bustin' my pirate hump/rocking my peg leg stump" over and over as I asked people about boat policies. Then on top of it, half the time the person I asked was someone I was talking to last night before I went to bed who I'm pretty sure does not have a boat policy anyway.

Speaking of dudes I talked to last night, I was a douche to at least three of you, if any of you read this blog, I appologize. I will probably not appologize to you in person. Because I am, after all, a jerk who was a douche to you and quite likely will be the same in the future. I can't appologize and have you all expecting me not to be one anymore.

So... I guess the short version is "last night was hell." I basically went to bed at about 1:30, finally fell asleep at about 4, woke up at about 6:30, still had that song in my head and had to listen to other music until about 9 to get that damn TMBG song out of my head, and then woke up again at 11.

3 comments:

thevitaminkid said...

TMBG's new song, I'm Impressed, keeps running over and over in my head. Annoying. I want to hear that one about the pirate sometime. ;-)

Arrrrrrr.

Phoex said...

what's your email?

thevitaminkid said...

you can use this:

"dlanderson.od"

at the domain

"gmail.com"

Oh, and here's something I am going to send to another blogger, but you might like it too -- a video of TMBG performing "I'm Impressed" on Conan O'Brien (that's how it got stuck in my head):

http://rapidshare.com/files/47049164/tmbg.avi.html

Sorry bout the rapidshare, but I don't have a webspace of my own.