Thursday, August 16, 2007

bitches

So... warning to anyone who sends things via USPS:

1) whether or not you get it insured, it is a crapshoot whether or not the item will arrive at it's intended destination in one piece

2) don't buy their insurance unless you like throwing your money away. Cause if something happens to it, they will never cough out the money they owe you.

Seriously, my dad was nice yesterday and paid the 14 dollars for me to be able to open the package to see if it was damaged on the inside. Now, I don't know if the speakers themselves work, because the prongs of plug on the power cord are bent pretty extremely and we didn't want to fix it to see if the speakers worked and then not have evidence that the prongs were still all bent. Additionally, the subwoofer has a dent in it, and the cloth part on it is pretty chewed up. There were some styrofoam pieces in there, and they are utterly destroyed.

We bring it back and are like, "yeah, you fucked it up. Give us our money." NOW the fuckers are telling me that the box I used was "flimsy" and it's not their fault that it was damaged.

GODDDAMNIT. NO ONE told me it was too flimsy when I mailed it. NO ONE told me it was too flimsy before we paid the GODDAMN FOURTEEN DOLLARS to see if it was damaged inside. You fuckers just got fourteen more dollars out of us via trickery. I think even if this whole insurance claim doesn't pan out, they should at least give us the money for shipping back, considering it's their fault that the product did not arrive intact at its intended destination. This whole situation has got me thinking more and more of that Eugene Mirman bit about jack in the box (somewhat paraphrased):

"So I noticed that Jack in the Box is advertising that if there's something wrong with what you get, they will either replace it or give you your money back. But, isn't this the promise every business makes when they become a business? Like if you went to sears, and you picked out a washer and dryer and they're like, "we'll bring it to you tomorrow" and then the next day someone comes and they give you a box and you open it up and there's a cat on fire? And they're just like, "Sorry, we're not Jack in the Box" and then run away and dive in a sewer."

I guess the trouble is the USPS isn't a business, it's the government, and all democracy aside, they don't really have to make anyone happy to keep running. But you'd think common human decency....

Plus, I don't think that box is that flimsy, if you could see how fucked up it is. This box could've been like two inches thick and it wouldn't have mattered, it looks like it's been through fucking hell.

2 comments:

Terrace said...

yeah when a package my mom sent me showed up with the contents smashed, I contacted the USPS about the insurance on it. The guy basically said I wasn't going to get my money because of the strict criteria they have for those things. If it wasn't shipped it's original box it was deemed insufficiently packaged and my regular mailman basically said yeah even if you have everything perfectly in order, they'll drag their feet purposely to keep from paying it and it'll be six months before you see a dime any ways.

thevitaminkid said...

This is why I do not want government health care or government mandated insurance. Government is not competent to even get a package from point A to point B. It is not competent to evacuate people from a town that is flooding. It is not competent to maintain bridges. We should trust them to provide life-saving medical care? What kinda crack are they smoking?