Sunday, August 12, 2007

are you dead or are you sleeping?

So I finally got around to renting Tideland like I've meant to a million years now. It was alright, though not what I hoped. If you love crazy people, though, I highly reccomend it. Also, I don't know how she is in real life, so I can't tell if it's great acting or not, but I just want you to know that Jennifer Tilly is awesome at playing obnoxious people. Part of it might be her voice, too. So technically, I guess I could also be awesome at acting obnoxious people roles if I ever wanted to become an actor. Alas, I stick to just annoying people in real life.

In other news, I'm very excited because I might've found my Dan Story! Dan Story, by the way, if you're reading this, sorry for using your full name on the interwebs. But you're the original and I need to give you props.

Anyway, the backstory on Dan Story is that the one friend I have from high school that I still talk to knows a guy named that, though I use "know" pretty vaguely. Basically, he went to high school with us, but a year or two ahead. She ended up working at Kroger with him for awhile and it drove her nuts trying to remember where she knew him from until she realized it was high school. Then after she quit Kroger she just kept running into him. And I mean it is a small town, but she runs into him inordinately frequently. And there's usually some amusing story that goes with it, like him witnessing her running her car into this rail at a mechanic's or her witnessing him doing something equally stupid. And they never talk even though they apparently see each other everywhere. So it's amusing, every time I see her she usually has a "Dan Story Story."

But a week or two the Dan Story concept underwent a complete metamorphosis when I was talking to Opt. Opt's ex-boyfriend is named Dan. And apparently her roommate runs into him constantly. And again, they went to high school together, kind of hung around the same people. He actually met her several times but couldn't remember cause he was really drunk. And I was like, "WHOA. Opt, Dan is your roomate's Dan Story! This is so awesome!"

Anyway, my Dan Story is probably inferior because 1) he goes by "Danny" instead of "Dan," 2) we actually do speak to each other instead of ignoring each other like my friend and the orig. Dan Story 3) I haven't ran into him a ridiculous amount. But he has the fact that 1) his name is some variation on Dan and 2) we did manage to go through high school together without really talking and 3) we do run into each other off and on makes him a legit Dan Story in my book.

Plus, I just kind of want my own Dan Story. Since Opt told me about her roommate's Dan Story and I realized it wasn't limited to just the Orig. Dan Story, I've been wanting one.

Oh and this ties into the movie thing cause my possible Dan Story works where I rented the movie. Here's a delightfully out of context snippet from the conversation we ended up having, documented here because it made me laugh:

Me: so do you fart in any of the books?
My Dan Story: No.
My Dan Story: I fart in ALL of them.

I think it went on to the point where we decided everyone hates religious people because bibles are fat enough that they need farted in several times, and even if you get one from amazon someone will fart on the shrink rap and the smell will somehow never leave.

I also got Wet Hot American Summer (alright, and I do love the scene where Christopher Meloni is talking to a can of vegetables voiced by Coach McGuirk) and To Catch a Thief (which I haven't watched yet).

0 comments: