Friday, July 06, 2007

she doesn't know her name she doesn't know her face

So today was sort of the first time I felt belong-ish at work today. I'd kind of wanted to sit by George Michael chick and the guy I discussed clowns with yesterday again, but they were surrounded by people today when I came in. So I looked around, and Walmart chick that I bonded with on the first day RE: our shared experience as retail slaves had a spot next to her. That also put me in proximity with Douchebag Kid Who Will Talk To Anyone (I need a new name for him, he's became a lot more tolerable for me over time) and his sidekick. And again, we weirdly had free time during work today, so I ended up talking some with them. I did my version of the Sugar Hill Gang classic "Rapper's Delight" for Walmart girl, and it made her and the other chick I talk to sometimes near her laugh. Douchebag kid and I talked RE: music, and he seems to semi know his shit (at the very least), which I appreciate a LOT. Anyway, what made me feel belong-y is when George Michael chick walked past where we were sitting on her break, and said to us (me included) "aww, all the COOL people are back here." I'm one of the cool people to someone I think is cool too! It makes me happy.

0 comments: