Thursday, July 26, 2007

my soul will have to wait

So, this story's amusingness partially rests on two factors:

1) my outgoing message on my phone right now is "Sorry I'm not home right now, I'm walking into spiderwebs. Leave a message and I'll call you back." Because I am totally lame, and my lameness makes me laugh and I decided it would be hilarious to reference No Doubt in my outgoing voicemail.

2) my dad sounds confused about something about 80% of the time. And probably actually is confused about something a certain portion of that time.

So last night, I get this voicemail that's my dad talking to mom (and it's obvious they aren't in the same room and are just yelling at each other, too):

Dad: What does she mean by spiderwebs?
Mom: I don't know
Dad: It must be something on the computer, don't you think?
Mom: I said I don't know!

and then he just randomly hangs up.

Then there's this voicemail from about an hour later, that my dad has obviously rehearsed.

"Busy walking into spiderwebs, eh? That doesn't sound like any fun. You might get trapped, like a fly!" and then he goes into what he really called me for.

I heart my dad.

55/7282

0 comments: