Tuesday, July 03, 2007

make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall

So.... does anyone have any suggestions on MP3 players? I have actually gone back and forth about this like a million years, and keep staying with cd players, but I'm thinking of taking the plunge.

Anyway, it is pretty frightening. All of the ones with the kind of capacity I want (30 GB or higher) seem to break a lot, according to amazon reviews, or come with really shitty software. If I'm paying that much money (300 dollars at least) I want it to work FOREVER. Or... at least more than two years. I'm poor. Poor, poor, poor. I shouldn't be in the market for an MP3 player in the first place. So if I get this thing it should last. And actually work.

So, like I said, does anyone else have one that's lasted a long time? And hopefully not an Ipod? Itunes can pretty much suck my junk.

2 comments:

thevitaminkid said...

I suppose there are two schools of thought -- get something good (expensive) that will last. Or get something cheap you know won't last, but you can replace with something better in a couple of years.

My best friend was given an iPod. However, he has also used inexpensive units from Sandisk and Creative. The iPod is sexy, but in terms of function and sound he doesn't seem to prefer it that much. Personally I'd go with a good unit in the $50-100 range. In a couple of years you can probably get a new one with twice the capacity for the same money.

JMO.

Phoe said...

Sadly I am an iPod junkie so cannot help you if you dislike them. However, iTunes can seriously suck everyone's junk. Hate it.

I have heard good things about Creative though.