Friday, July 27, 2007

If I were a superhero, my weakness would be my complete and utter lack of ability at setting an alarm clock. Hell, it's my weakness now, but I don't have anything cool to make up for it.

Yeah, I've been pretty lucky, I haven't fucked that up in awhile. Or at least I work late enough that even if I do I'm usually safe. But yeah, today I was supposed to have lunch with my parents and discuss the condo stuff. And... I just didn't show. Moreover, since we can't have our phone on at work, I had my phone on silent and never took it off. So I woke up about an hour after we were supposed to go to lunch, and was like, "shit." I called them up to appologize, and they were actually on the way over to my appt. to see if I was alright.

Anyway, I'm pretty mad at myself for accidently being an inconsiderate bastard and making them worry, missing a good meal, and missing out on discussing the condo which I really, really want to do because I'm still undecided on it.

EDIT***

So, my parents called me fifteen minutes after that and wondered if I wanted to go to McDonald's or something and still discuss the condo issue. The topic of what I'm going to do with my life (i.e. would I move away, and leave them having to sell the condo, because they wouldn't want to help me rent it) came up. I told them I don't know, because I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I floated the now tired idea of maybe getting a library science degree. My mom snapped, "and how will you support yourself while doing that?" and I just started crying. I told them I hate my job and I hate my life and I told them why, and kept crying for like an hour straight at McDonald's. They wouldn't meet my eyes.

The consensus was that if I don't know what I'm doing with my life, I probably shouldn't have a condo.

0 comments: