Saturday, July 28, 2007

I want to turn all of their dance floors into a burning inferno of ba ba ba

Yeah. Last night did not get any better. Cause I had to go to work. Which was why I was crying in the first place.

First off, every claim was a struggle. I swear to you, somehow all the old ladies and foreigners got routed over to me. A translator hung up in the middle of a call again, but I got her back cause she was the only Haitian Creole speaker there, so when I called her again she had to take it. A whole bunch of other foreigners spoke just well enough that I couldn't get a translator, and just poorly enough that it was hell. Plus, I'm a grade A jerk. I'm not actually mean to these people, but it is so frustrating that I'm not as nice as I could be, and after the 80th one, I'm practically screaming the questions at them. The few english speaker non old ladies I got could not be kept on track at all. I hate it when they get sidetracked and start asking me questions that I can't answer and then when I tell them I can't and it becomes obvious that I have no answer, they get madder and madder. They ask what the hell good am I/what do I do since I have no answers. I don't know, I figure a voicemail would be more than good enough for 80% of what I do, but I can't tell them that. They get mad at me instead of the company. One guy, thinking he was on hold, actively complained about what a stupid bitch I was to his friend. Newsflash: IF YOU AREN'T HEARING A REALLY CRAPPY SMOOTH JAZZ VERSION OF OUR AD JINGLE RIGHT NOW, YOU ARE NOT ON HOLD AND I CAN HEAR YOU. It was all I could do not to hang up on him and pretend like we got disconnected.

So in summary, I got to talk to people who were even more stupid/mean/foreign than usual yesterday.

0 comments: