Saturday, June 30, 2007

I shoot, you run

Life: pretty much as usual.

I wore my new Sufjan tee shirt to work today. DKWTA (douchebag kid who will talk to anyone) got the reference, which was kind of interesting. He's up slightly a peg in my estimation. I still kind of think he's a douchebag, and we aren't really friends (despite the fact that he is probably the one I work with who most talks to me). But it was nice to have someone get it.

Tomorrow I have to hang out with my family. Man, it's nice that my parents love me and everything, but I have to say I really need a day off where I don't hang out with them. Or at least don't spend the whole day with them. Tomorrow was going to be that day, but then my grandpa came into town. So obviously, I'm not going to be a dick and not come over.

One slightly irritating thing, though, is the fact that he didn't tell me he was coming, nor will make any attempt to see me, because he will just go to see his great grand kids. So once again, it is I who has to last minute-ly ditch all my plans and come over there because no one told me. I'm still going to see if I can get the night off, though. I feel like a jerk, because last time he visited I dumped my plans and specifically said, "grandpa, I would definitely drop my plans for you any time." But the plans I dumped were with a friend who I saw all the time anyway, and it wasn't for sure plans anyway. Whereas this time, I have nebulous sort of plans with someone I only have a burgeoning friendship with and don't want to fuck it up. And again, I also find it annoying that just because I haven't popped out a couple of kids of my own, no one wants to visit me. I figured out ONE DAY ahead of time, secondhand.

I used to feel really guilty about not trying hard enough with him, but whenever I call, I never get a call back. And the aforementioned annoyingness with visiting and not telling me.

It's also annoying, my parents are like that too. They'll pick me up for stuff... but we never do anything at my house, we always have to do something at my sister's. Becuase I don't have any babies. And even before she had kids, it was pretty rough going trying to get my sister to do anything with me.

0 comments: