Monday, June 25, 2007

I know you think I'm just another sucker perpetrator

Things I've done lately:

Saw Serenity on the big screen in Champaign. For charity, no less. Though to be honest, evs. I'm poor, and I use it as an excuse to be a dick and hardly ever give to charity.

Saw Immortal Beloved. On the scale of Gary Oldman movies it ranks just below True Romance and considerably above Sid & Nancy (to me there is a good-sized gap between the horribleness of that movie and everything else of his I've seen).

Saw Strange Brew. Which I've been meaning to see for like 80 years now. On the scale of Rick Moranis movies.... oh, who am I kidding. Honey I Shrunk the Kids was an awesome movie. There's a huge ant!

Saw Ocean's 13 with my one remaining friend from high school. We have this weird friendship where one or the other of us occaisionally remembers that the other one exists and will call them up to do something. Bonus fun: she is uber christian, and I get to pretend like I don't joke about burning hookers every day. But really, she is fun to hang out with, even if we don't have that much in common anymore. And I saw the first 2 Oceans with her, so yeah. By the way, the new Oceans is a turd, and I knew this going into it, but I had to see it anyway for old time's sake.

Random things I'm proud of saying to strangers lately:

"You smell like my mom. No wonder Opt likes to do you." -- to Opt's boyfriend who I barely know.

"You're like a centaur! I mean, I wanted to go with "unicorn," but I thought you might think that was a little girly." -- to a guy at work who I barely know.

0 comments: