Tuesday, May 01, 2007

why?

THE STORE IS RETARDED.

Wait, nevermind. That is mean to the mentally challenged. It's not their fault they don't function the way regular people do. Whereas the store is INSANE, possibly even to the point of being malicious about it.

Remember how they didn't want to give me more hours when I really needed them because I'm a substandard employee? And just last week I got the eval that says I'm shitty too? And I haven't mentioned it, but they are lean on payroll right now. I know at least two people who've been complaining about how much the store's cut their hours.

Yeah well now they randomly gave me more hours that I don't really need or want. WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME. I guess this is because last week I re-submitted my availability? I just did it so that they wouldn't randomly schedule me again when I'm working the other job, or if they want to call me when someone's sick. But I guess they took it as license to give me unwanted hours. On top of this, they randomly took my 6 a.m. to 2 or 3 p.m. shift on Tuesdays, the one shift I was willing to work and already working and we were all agreed on, and split it so that it's two 6-11 a.m. shifts. Now it's somewhat appealing, as I get a lot more done while the store's closed, and hate customers, but I really don't want to have to get up at 6 a.m. twice a week, especially since the new job is going to be afternoons and especially especially since the one shift is on my day off. Which, by the way, the extra hours they are scheduling me would be on my other day off. So basically: no days off.

Reasons why this makes me ragingly angry (might be some repeat of the previous para):

1) the not telling me first.
2) the fact that they wouldn't give me these hours back when I really needed them, and in fact made me feel like shit about myself because they wouldn't.
3) the fact that they are giving me them now when I really don't want them and don't want to have to argue with them to make them take them back.
4) the fact that the store is low on payroll to begin with and a lot of other people who have actually been asking for more hours won't get these hours.
5) the fact that they looked at the availability form I showed them, and picked what are clearly both my days off to give me these extra hours.
6) the fact that they're randomly deciding it would be convienient for them to make me wake up at 5 a.m. twice a week instead of once a week. Again without telling or asking me! And it's not like I need the extra time while the store's closed, I do get my shit done every week, occaisionally with time to spare.

I know it seems jerkish to "look a gift horse in the mouth," since I really did want these hours awhile ago, but it's really annoying that they didn't even talk to me to see if I still wanted them after I'd obviously picked up another job. Anyway, I wrote a note to Elaine about it. I tried to get up the balls to just ask AC about it, since she was there, and it would probably seem pretty strange to them that I didn't ask the person who was 1) available to me and 2) actually in charge of scheduling, but really, I decided I couldn't do it. Not so much that I'm afraid of AC, but that I find it difficult not to snap her neck with my bare hands when we're just having small talk, much less if she said something that actually affects me. So I'm more afraid of what I would do to AC. At least that's how I justify it. And Elaine already knows I fucking hate AC's guts, so hopefully she can buffer whatever the outcome of this thing is and prevent me from committing homicide. Anyway, I figure I can just quit if the store decides to be a dick about this, so that's how I'm keeping myself calm, for the moment. Hopefully I'll know if the situation's resolved by tomorrow WHEN I HAVE TO FUCKING GO IN THERE AT 6 a.m. AGAIN.

2 comments:

the becca said...

quit.

Ashley Amigoni said...

I hate Border's too!!! I shall be bitching about them soon in my blog.

I still vote we take a shit on her.