Thursday, May 03, 2007

I thought I loved you, it was just how you looked in the light

I had a dream last night, and I can't remember all the details. It was kind of this weird thing I have in a lot of my dreams where I am in a TV show or movie that my brain makes up. Like... I can tell it's not real, that I'm in some sort of narrative, not my real life, but I apparently tell myself, "movie" not "dream." Anyway, usually I am the "main character" but I think there were some other people that were supposed to be, so the whole time I'm vaguely aware of what's going on with them. And like, we were all stuck in some office building for some reason that was never really articulated.

So at one point I was talking to a guy. I can't really remember what he looked like, just average, but he had some witty banter and was making me laugh, so I was kind of into him. Then, I can't remember why, if it came up in conversation, or if he just leaned over or something, or what. But I blurted out, "I don't like to be touched!"

And he just smiles, and leans in and kisses me.

This isn't like a make out or anything, just a little peck on the right corner of my mouth. I don't really feel lust or anything, just an overwhelming sense of panic. But a good panic, weirdly. Like, "HOLY SHIT THIS DUDE JUST KISSED ME." It seemed to last an eternity.

I was really confused when I got up and couldn't tell if it was real or not. I've had dreams where someone's held me, but I've never really kissed or had sex in a dream that I can remember. But it still seemed familiar at the same time.

Anyway, notable, for me. Part of me wants to be ultra supersticious (sp?) and be like, "it means I'm going to find that dude in real life!" but most of me is all, "Way to get my stupid hopes up, dreams. Never going to happen in a million years."

Good times.

0 comments: