Tuesday, March 20, 2007

why I came home sobbing

So.... this is how I described my new, horrifying situation to someone:

Phoemeister: well you know how I'm technically unemployed?
Phoemeister: Like I only work one day a week at the store?
Phoemeister: well today I asked them if I could go ful time, and they're like "no we're phasing out full time people because it just makes scheduling more flexible." Which I expected a little because they have been phasing people out lately
Phoemeister: but then I asked for at least more hours
Phoemeister: so it'd be like a real part time job not one day a week
Phoemeister: and they said that in the last six months my work has been substandard and they can't justify giving me more hours
Phoemeister: so basically even though I have the one day a week I feel like I've been fired
Phoemeister: from my first real job
Phoemeister: I was so upset I had to go home because I couldn't stop sobbing
Phoemeister: I should've known goddamn better than to have thought I could come back
Phoemeister: and I should've known goddamn better that I would hate afni
Phoemeister: but I didn't and I'm screwed and it's all my fault
Phoemeister: oh and in addition I feel HORRIBLE that I've apparently been so substandard that I'm unwanted

3 comments:

thevitaminkid said...

So, if I DO give you some of my tots, will it make you feel better?

:-)

Ashley Amigoni said...

Oh man...was it Tami that said that?? If so...I'll kill her face!

Don't worry, they stripped away a lot of my hours too, which sucks cause I'm like broke from going to Italy.

I still love you lots! *HUGS* Things will get better. And if not, we'll just start selling babies on the black market.

Phoex said...

it was Andi, which was why I was really really sad and upset because since it was her I felt like it was the truth. But everyone says Tami probably told her to tell me that. So feel free to kill her face.

Wow. That would be awesome. Babies practically sell themeselves. The only work would probably be procurement, and I'm an old hand at stealing babies. Audrey could probably help.