Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'm busy decomposing

Today was awesome. I felt almost as if I was a kid on a snowday again. But really... I just happened to have no work today anyway. I was supposed to visit my parents but they (read: my mom) are all paranoid about the weather and told me not to come. So I'll be seeing them on Thursday.

I started out the day with racist pancakes with Opt. She crashed here last night so that she didn't have to drive to Champaign at midnight last night and then drive back here again this morning. Anyway, racist pancakes is a tradition with us. Her roommate's Nazi (hence the racist bit) ex boyfriend bought this ginormous bag of pancake mix and left it at their place after their breakup. And Opt has shared her racist bounty with me from time to time since then, and has now given me custody of it.

Anyway the best part is she gave me some Aunt Jemima syrup, too, that I can punish the Nazi pancakes with. "You like that? You like syrup made by a black woman on you, racist pancakes? Take that, Nazi pancakes! Your poor understanding of syrup technology is what lost you the war, Jerry!" It's only a shame that there's no such thing as kosher syrup (that I know of). I really wish I still had some of the 75% off Hannukah chocolate from work to cut up and make into chocolate chips for the pancakes.

The rest of the day was quite good as well, because my awesometacular neighbors invited me down to dinner. We played card games and did random other stuff nearly the whole day, too.

In other news, I'm quite proud of how I'm corrupting my coworkers with "your mom" jokes. Here's a bit of a conver YM was having with Herd on aim and pasted over to me:

Herd: i am doing a good job of studying for analytical chem though
YM: Says who?
Herd: your mom

Also, Herd told me he is going to kick Tom Cruise's ass (this IM conver started RE: a discussion we had at work last night about how Tom Cruise has been declared the "christ-like figure of scientology."

Herd: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2007/02/02/notes020207.DTL
Me: hahah YES
Me: you win at being my friend
Herd: lol
Herd: i wasnt lying
Me: I didn't think you were
Me: I just thought the world was retarded
Me: and now I know for sure
Herd: well i still had to drive it home
Me: that's why you win at being my friend
Herd: lol
Me: hey have you ever heard my favorite joke about Scientology?
Me: it's especially classy because I made it up myself
Herd: no i havent heard it
Me: okay it goes:
Me: the first rule about scientology: you do not talk about scientology
the second rule about scientology: YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY
the third rule about scientology: if it's your first night as a scientologist: you HAVE to fight
the fourth rule about scientology: no shirts, rings, or watches
the fifth rule about scientology: if a scientologist taps out, you have to stop
Herd: lol
Herd: does that mean that tom cruise just fought his way to the top of scientology?
Me: heck yeahs
Me: he doesn't look like much
Me: but he fights dirty
Herd: this makes me think i should be a scientologist
Herd: sounds like an interesting religion
Me: hahah yeah if scientology was fight club I would be a lot more interested
Me: though I still would not join because I would lose every fight
Herd: lol
Herd: i would go, and i would challenge tom cruise the first night
Herd: so id immediately replace him
Me: do you fight dirty enough?
Me: those brilliant white teeth bite, Herd
Me: and you don't know where Tom Cruise has been. He could give you rabies.
Herd: lol
Herd: its ok
Me: It's not that good being a christlike figure if you have rabies.
Herd: its all about the sneak jab
Herd: he wont be expecting it
Me: okay
Me: my money's on you
Me: you better kick tom cruise's ass or I'm out a dime
Me: (that's ten thousand dollars, Herd)
Me: (I don't have ten thousand dollars, Herd)
Me: (they'll break my kneecaps, Herd)
Herd: lol
Herd: when he goes down ill jsut start kicking violently
Herd: dont worry about it
Herd: its a sure thing

YM: HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Me: wooooooo
Me: I love you very much
Me: I mean...
Me: happy valentine's day, platonic friend
YM: Will you fuck my face in the candlelight Phoe?
Me: I thought you'd never ask!
YM: haha
YM: Sweet!
YM: I'll get the baby oil!
Me: rrrrr! I'll get the babies!
YM: hahaha
YM: A sweet Valentines Day it will be.

0 comments: