Friday, February 16, 2007

don't think I'm not serious

So I decided and I am going to take this other job I've been offered (call center work). I had to lay out the positives and negatives and it was still really tough to decide. As much as I've become dissatisfied with things at my current job, I really do feel like I belong there and would miss it a lot. And I do think that it's less going forward than sideways with my life.... but I'm going to make 9 bucks an hour, bitches!

So anyway I don't know if I completely have the job in the bag yet. I have to go in for a drug test on Monday, so I'm thinking that means I have the job as long as I haven't been doing the nosecandy lately. But... I hate to be count my chickens before they're hatched and all that.

I talked to Elaine today, and I think I'm going to be able to still stay at the store part time (one or two days a week). I didn't want to be a dick about it with an unmanageable schedule, but Sista pointed out that Elaine would be cool about it and that gave me the courage to ask, so I did, and Elaine was. Now, a small, vindictive part of me really wanted to just totally quit. Because the store would be totally up a river merch-wise, with Opt quitting nearly the same day. But I want to have a back up if I totally hate the new job, and I want an excuse to hang around at the store and still see my friends, and I want the extra money. So.. unless I totally hate the working two jobs thing or if the new job is totally shitty about letting me have Mondays and possibly another day partially unavailable, I will still be at the store a little.

Anyway, today was pretty good. Even though I was depressed last night (even with a new job I don't think I'm doing anything terribly important or even enjoyable with my career) I felt pretty happy today about new job stuff. Just telling people about it and how nice Elaine was about it made me feel good. And then after work YM and I went to "be fat" as she puts it, and got fast food, and then rocked out (pelvis thrusted) to Our Song (Over My Head by the Fray).

0 comments: