Thursday, February 08, 2007

birthday issues

I'm also trying to decide what I want to do for my birthday. Or even what I want for my birthday.... I'm not making it easy on my parents this time, sadly. I wish I could just decide on something.

Anyways, what I kind of want to do is a small gathering like last year. But none of the people who went to my birthday last year even live here anymore (though I bet I could badger Opt into coming anyway, possibly Sista as well). And back then there was a clear line. These people are my friends, these people are not. Nowadays it's so muddy, and I don't want to upset anyone. But on the other hand I don't really want to make anyone feel left out, as I do when people don't invite me to things (and I do make a federal case about it a lot of times, too).

People I definitely want:

the DN's
Sista
Opt
YM

People I am friends with but have minor ongoing issues with right now and am not sure I want the stress:

Thug
Nebrasky

People I love and would like to be friends with but am kind of not really totally friends with (due to rarely hanging out outside of work) and am nervous about it and not sure I want the hassle (also some of these people tend to have spouses or girl/boyfriends in tow I know even less):

Elaine
Baby Stealer
Hootie
Kevin
Dance Whore
The Neev
Bling
Rob
Explosion
Getz
Happy*

People I would have to invite if I invited all the above groups:

Everyone. And you know what? I really don't want to have to hang out with ponytail geek (required if Getz came) or Stupid (who seems to show up to people's parties) who are perfectly okay human beings that sometimes happen to annoy me and I just don't want to be annoyed at my birthday thing.

I also don't want a large group just in general. I've tried and tried to not be this way, but in general: the larger the group, the more nervous and hyper I get.

Hmm... maybe I could do the first group at Noodles or something (if I can get away with it), and then do a bigger party later.

___
* I don't know if I've ever given her a name on her, but it's pretty obvious who she is if you know her because she's the happiest being alive.

1 comments:

Ashley Amigoni said...

I really need a decoder for your seceret names cause I forget them...I suck, yo.

I'm for your "small gathering then big gathering" idea. I believe that could work best.

And don't worry about the minor issues with the Man Squad. They are gone, bye bye! Either way, just do what you really want because it is your birthday, screw what everybody else thinks. :) It only matters if you walk away happy from your birthday.

If they have a problem with it, I'll kick them in the baby maker.