Sunday, December 03, 2006

Overwhelmingly true fact of the day: Boy DN is fucking awesome. That's nothing against girl DN, but for serious: I didn't go out anywhere yesterday, so my car had ice at least half an inch thick covering it all over. I couldn't even get into it at first, and I stupidly did not budget enough time for it, on the basis that I thought my dad had did it.

(My dad dug my car out of a snowbank and broke into my place to give me a snow shovel last night)

So since I had locked my phone in my car, I knocked on the DN's door, thinking I could at least phone work and tell them the issue. From the bits of the story I later gathered, girl DN was gone, and boy DN had some friend of his over. When I knocked boy DN's friend heard, but not boy DN, and when boy DN got out of the toilet or whatever, he was informed that there was a knock at the door complete with my distinctive novelty penny/key jangling.

So I went out to my car again and just started frickin' scraping at the ice around the door with my keys. I had just about gotten the car open, at least when boy DN comes out and, informed of the situation, helps scrape my car with this tiny-ass scraper he has. I myself have an ice scraper... that promptly breaks at the first sign of action. So he and I spent like 45 minutes scraping the thick ice off my car; him with his tiny scraper, and me just hacking at the ice (somewhat inneffectively) with the blade from my broken scraper. Which, I of course managed to stab my fingers several times over the course of this.

So I was basically soaking wet, freezing cold, stabbed and freezing fingers, and a half hour late to work, but I learned the true meaning of friendship.

Oh and yeah, boy DN and his friend had to push my car off of the ice, too.

0 comments: