Wednesday, December 06, 2006

ho ho ho ho! ha ha ha ha!

I think I'm brain dead now. Really.

I invited boy DN up at like 3 o'clock today to watch Metalocalypse and I've been hanging out with him (and then when girl DN came up at like 8, her too) since then. It is now 1 a.m. For several hours BDN and I watched just random crap on the internet. I think I am beginning to be one of those people who've pretty much just seen everything because they spend way too much time on youtube and the like. It was good times, though. The Retarded Animal Babies series, for instance, is almost as hilarious as the name "Retarded Animal Babies." Which is pretty damn hilarious.
Happy Tree Friends, however, killed my soul.

Then we played You Don't Know Jack for awhile. I'm really beginning to re-love the old computer games I saved from my parent's house at thanksgiving.

Then when GDN came up, we had delicious teriyaki chicken. Which is 1) delicious, 2) easy to make, 3) makes me feel better to feed them since they feed me all the time, 4) my parents actually bought it so I didn't really have to pay, 5) the DN's seem to love it and compliment me on it whenever I give it to them, 6) is on a stick. So really it is my go-to entree when entertaining.

Then, something happened that changed my life forever. A band called Dschinghis Khan came into my life. Let me tell you: this band is PURE JOY, potently distilled. Their music is like "Float On," by Modest Mouse, and "The Party's Crashing Us," by Of Montreal and "There's Always Someone Cooler Than You," by Ben Folds and "Dr. Worm" by They Might Be Giants (basically the happiest songs known to man) had a crazy genetically engineered child. This band makes me happy to be alive.

Okay, musically, they are hacks. Their big gimmick is that they dress up and dance weird dances. And their songs are crazy repetative. Oh, and you hear any of it: it WILL be stuck in your head forever.

But, they are HAPPY! And weird and german. And have fake laughter as lyrics to many of their songs. And make songs about Ghengis Khan and Samurai's and the son of Ghengis Khan, and Moscow. And GDN and I love them. We played the 4 songs of theirs we could find over, and over, and over singing and dancing along as best possible, and pretty much tortured poor BDN by making him find as much as possible for us, and listening to what we had already found over and over and over.

So thank you, DN's. Thank you, teriyaki chicken. And most of all: thank you, Dschinghis Khan, for giving me so many hours upon hours of pure glee at a point in time that I have not been very gleeful.

0 comments: