Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I would play "can you drag yourself 200 miles with just your fingernails?"

So I'm super-pumped about my Christmas decorations. I've been lukewarm, at best, about Christmas for years now (and retail made me REALLY hate it), but having my own place makes decorating fun. I finally found a use for my serial-killer-like obsession with cutting snowflakes, and hung them aroudn the room. I'm a little annoyed that they aren't all flat, so they are curled up weird, but other than that they are pretty cool. Thanks to having the OCD where I do it all the time, mine are pretty intricate and it looks unique and intentional rather than not having the cash for real decorations (it's a mixture of both).

I also got some christmas lights, they are ALL GREEN. I can't even tell you how cool I find this. I like them because they are more rare and flashier than white lights, but not quite as gaudy (and also more rare than) multicolors.

The only fly in my ointment was I was going to put up this little christmas tree I've had ever since I was little, but I can't find the ornaments for it. It especially makes me feel bad because the ornaments have sentimental value for me, my grandparents got them for me every year from McDonalds, they're all disney characters. Cheap tie in merchandise, but they meant something to me.

As for what I did with my day: spent most of it at my parents. I've been feeling bad that they are kind of my last choice to do things with (not because I hate being around them, I actually like them a lot more since I moved out. Just because... well I do end up seeing them a lot) and will be vague about plans with them because I don't want to tie up my schedule if I think a friend will possibly want to do something that day. I realized that's kind of stupid, especially since none of my friends have really even wanted to hang out lately (none of them ever offer, and when I call them up to do something it's like pulling teeth to arrange it), so I've been like, "what the hell" and spending all my time with the parents lately. If nothing else, they're always glad to see me.

They also bought me stuff, which is always nice.

Then I also did, weirdly enough, manage to rope the DN's into something after all, though it kind of meant eating dinner twice. It was fun hearing about frosty the snow pimp and collectively deciding that Papa John personally porks all the pizza dough before the delicious finished product makes it to your doorstep.

Then I finally watched Serenity, which I bought for five bucks the other day. Five bucks!

That was my day off.

2 comments:

Terrace said...

if you have a window in your place you can use the green lights to make a Christmas tree...

Phoex said...

eh, I like just having them around the edge best. Thanks for the suggestion though :D