Thursday, November 30, 2006

Did I make you cry on christmas day?

Today I was just in a horrible mood, I don't even really know why.

The one irritating thing RE: work was that they're hiring temps to do some of my work, and got mad at me when I wasn't overjoyed. The thing is, I don't think temps can do what they want to have the temps do. Regular people who work at the store can't even get any of this stuff right when I try to delegate it. So I don't really think some temp can do it either. Their point is that this is all the temps are going to be doing, so they don't have as many distractions as the regular people.

I thought about it later, and I realized the real reason it pisses me off is because it's basically taking the part about the job I enjoy the most anymore, the part where I'm off the floor and don't have to deal with customers, and giving it to some random people who have obviously not paid their dues doing the shitty part of the job (registers). Plus this frees me up to do more of the shitty part. They say it will give me more time to do what I need to do, but I know the store, and I know they will just throw me on registers for the time they're saving. What I really need help with is someone to do the unsticker list, and maybe GLS. Or for them to just pull me off fucking registers long enough to do what I need to do. Not this.

Anyway, I was cranky even before that. I don't know if it's the weather or what. I'm not really having colitis issues right now, which is usually the reason when the hate is strong in me. I was talking to Getz, she said she could sort of tell I was down. I agreed with her that I was, but couldn't even really pinpoint a reason to give her.

But the end of my day was actually pretty good. I'm a lot happier at this moment. The day was saved, just to let you know, by a carnie I met on the internet. True story.

0 comments: