Sunday, October 22, 2006

it dawned on me

Today was.... meh. Not great, not horrible. I actually got a second to do the pricing of new releases today in the back, which made me sooo happy. And the stuff was actually alphabetized correctly! I think Hootie is who to thank on that one. There was a n00b doing stuff to new releases yesterday, including PUTTING THE ANTI THEFT TAGS DIRECTLY ON THE PRICE STICKERS making it so you cannot scan the item. Plus you could probably get the anti theft tags off pretty easily by just pulling off the price sticker. But I cruised by not to long before I left for the day yesterday, and pointed all this out. So the noob corrected what she could, and I think Hootie did the alphabetization.

And I got to do the pricing, so I know it's right. I seriously heart Kevin, when I was complaining about not having time to do anything yesterday, he specifically put on the schedule today that I had to get two hours for merch. AND, I don't know if this has anything to do with it either, but I got no time at all on registers.

The not great things about today were that Getz apparently broke up with her boyfriend, and got kind of mean with the teasing today. She usually is pretty rough, but today she was doing extremely horrible things like asking Kevin if he minded that he was twice as old as Thug. Kevin's response was "I am not!" because he is about two years short of that. So Getz goes into how she feels weird that Thug is her supervisor but so much younger than her. I have to say, Thug made me laugh uproariously when he said, "is it because you're going to die before me?" and when she was like, "No," he was like, "Well, you are going to die before me." I did feel bad for her, though. I offered to hug her despite the fact that she had a cold AND I hate touching people, but she turned me down.

As well, Opt and I were watching the Young Ones which Elaine so generously lended me, and her roommate just randomly decided to stay out of town another day, thus forcing Opt to go home and let her roommate's dogs out lest the dogs poop all over everything.

0 comments: