Wednesday, September 13, 2006

she said, "you've been pushing me like I was a sore tooth"

So I brought in Smells Like Phoexx0r today, and everyone hates me. It was awesome.

First off: I brought two other CD's, Brand New and the string quartet tribute to Coheed & Cambria. Boss-boss hates the Coheed one too, apparently. I would think she would hate the Brand New as well, but so much of her hatred was focused on Coheed and Smells Like Phoexx0r, Brand New kind of squinked by.

I was actually kind of surprised how badly the Coheed was recieved, as I have had people at work actually like that CD before, and believe me, it is far less obnoxious than the original (the strings eliminate the two things most people hate about Coheed, which is the crazy-ass lyrics and the lead singer's crazy high voice).

Getz, though not a fan of the Smells Like Teen Spirit, was somewhat stoic about it, especially since I had told her the other night why I was doing it. The new guy (henceforth known as JT) didn't feel like he could complain, as he bought a Justin Timberlake CD earlier in the evening (supposedly for his girlfriend). Excalibur and the new sup didn't feel the need to comment either. Boss-boss couldn't stop complaining about it, which was music to my ears. It also had the bonus effect of pissing off Phone Asshole (henceforth known as PA). He actually had the balls to complain during the Bad Plus cover, which is the only good one on the CD that has played so far, and I told him screw that The Bad Plus is awesome and he can suck it. It played the Tori Amos track again, which was meh, but I did finally score with the Moog cookbook version.

Anyway, I think I'm going to give that CD a rest for awhile. Hell, now maybe when I bring in Ben Folds or one of my not meant to be horrible mixes, people will give me less crap because they know what horrors I am capable of.

In other news, I think I somehow weirded out my neighbors. The thank you card I decided to make this time was one of those cheesey books of homemade coupons. To the best of my reccolection they were for:

a TMBG x-travaganza, as apparently girl downstairs neighbor is a fan of TMBG.
picture: someone singing, "I am Dr. Worm, I am not a real doctor, but I am a real worm, I am an actual worm." Also a picture of Dr. Worm and his drum labeled "Dr. Worm and his drum."

a hump of my couch
picture: someone humping my couch. A separate panel labeled "me, staying away so you and the couch can have privacy"

a hug when you're feeling blue
picture: me hugging one of them and being told, "GET OFF ME, PHOEXX0R, I'M ALREADY HAVING A BAD DAY."

a Casimir Pulaski Day x-travaganza
picture: three stick figures going, "whooo! Casimir Pulaski day!" and "He was a great man!" There are also fireworks and alcohol labeled, "booze and illegal fireworks." There is also a note that says, "Fun Educational Fact: Casimir Pulaski did something or other during the revolutionary war."

I will vaccum up cheese for you
picture: me vaccuming up cheese. I am saying, "It's not like I haven't vaccumed up cheese before." One of them saying, "I'm glad we have Phoexx0r around, she is experienced in such matters."

License to use my interweb and/or ill
picture: I inform them that the beastie boys authorized the latter, and drew a picture of three stick figures labeled "the beastie boys." One of them says, "I am a beastie boy, and I say you can ill all you want to, friend!"

Free Monkey
picture: badly drawn monkey who says, "Yeah, she just wanted an excuse to draw a monkey, but look how badly she did it? This monkey drawing sucks!" And then there's an astrisk'ed bit that informs them the monkey is actually only while supplies last.

Then at the very end I put a disclaimer that informs them that I am not liable for any use of the coupons that causes fainting, sweats, high blood pressure, suicide attempts, or anal leakage.

So obviously, this thing is a work of art. And I really did not have anything else better to do during my break today.

Anyway, when I got home from work tonight (11:30 p.m.) it was late, but their lights were on, and I think I heard the TV or a video game or something going. I didn't want to try and shove my thank you card into their mailbox, it worked out very poorly last time. But they seemed kind of weirded out, and I felt bad. I'm not sure if maybe they were about to/just finished with doing it, because girl downstairs neighbor did not even come to the door because she was "comfortably dressed." And I was like, yeah, maybe it is kind of weird to show up at someone's door in the middle of the night giving them coupons for a hug and warning them against anal leakage.

0 comments: