Friday, September 01, 2006

light up, light up, as if you have a choice

I hate Sexy more and more every day. And this is despite not having seen him since the Tool/Breaking Benjamin incident. But anyway it's because I'm pretty sure he's behind 90% of the poorly shelved items in the store. Today I was straightening for recovery and found a ton of books shelved so that one was behind another because he was too lazy to shift to fit them in or something. And I'm convinced it's him. There's no frickin' way that Renegade or ponytail geek are doing it, and no one but the inventory team would probably shelve the sheer volume of stuff required to have this much stuff screwed up.

Opt told me this one dude at the fiesta I went to seemed into me, which would be awesome if he was, because he was really cool. Though pretty bitter about his divorce, which apparently was fairly recent. I hope I see him again. It's not every guy who would start singing along with you when you start singing Tenacious D's "inward singing" at a party.

I'm still debating about whether I should try to get the part time job I want. Because I doubt if I worked part time there I would get insurance. And I don't think the store would give me insurance anymore if I scaled down to part time (I have dental and vision, and when I turn 25 I will no longer have my parents medical insurance and will have to get my own). But I don't want to stay full time at that job and work part time at the new one. I really do not have the work ethic to hold down two jobs if one of them is full time and the other is 19 hrs a week. PLUS, I would probably have to work nights at the store then, and that's pretty much the crappiest shift except for on Mondays when we do merch.

But the other job is practically at my doorstep, which I find very attractive, pays about 2 bucks more, and would again be in the field of library stuff, which again I find very attractive.

State Farm, I found out, is hiring a ton of people, over a certain amount of time, so I get a little breathing room on deciding whether or not to apply. It pays way better. It, too, would be part time, but I would get insurance. But again I'd still have to stay on part time at my stupid current job, which I don't want to do, and it would basically be the job from hell (talking to bitchy people that horrible things have happened to on the phone).

Either way, even if boss-boss wasn't a huge bitch who pissed me off, I need more money. I realized that even though I live on my own I am still completely financially dependant on my parents. They pay the insurance on my car, they pay the bills whenever my car needs to go to the shop, they buy me food all the time, and I am STILL barely making ends meet.

0 comments: