Saturday, August 12, 2006

I am writing all alone

1) Okay, Sexy just needs to die now. I overheard him telling a customer that Breaking Benjamin sounds like Tool. In this oh-so-self-assured manner. Okay, to be fair, he was actually comparing them to A Perfect Circle, but the customer didn't know them, so he was forced to take it one step backward to Tool. But still. NOTHING LIKE TOOL OR A PERFECT CIRCLE EITHER. If a customer asked me what they sound like, I would say that they are poppy, but you can ROCK OUT to them. If a friend asked me what they sound like, I would add, "They are kind of like Creed but without all the sucking and crappiness." Or maybe Andrew W.K. For some reason Breaking Benjamin invites comparisons to bands I loathe, even though I really do like them (have two of their albums. Which, by the way, Sexy's heard maybe ONE song of theirs).

2) Tron party is COMING TOGETHER. I was worried about only having two people? Well now I'm worried I won't have enough chairs, man! I have four people confirmed (Me, Ryan, Opt, Hootie) and five people I want to come (Sista, Elaine, my downstairs neighbors, Carmax). I have space on the couch for four people, a computer chair, two folding chairs. So... if everyone says yes, I will probably have to sit on the floor and maybe ask someone else to as well. Buuut.... really, will everyone say yes? Who knows. I also bought libations (orange juice, grapefruit juice, crappy meijer brand pink lemonade mix with garfield and odie on the packaging) and "butterific" meijer brand popcorn (that nearly wound up lodged in my trachea when some woman ran into me at..... meijer).

3) I am an ass and not a good sister. Though in my defense I have had a lot going on lately. But basically I planned Tron the exact same night as my sister's birthday! So my mom calls me up and is like "what're you doing thursday" and I start acting all squirrelly because I remember that I planned Tron on the same night, and she all assumes I'm acting squirelly because Ryan is going to be there, but it has nothing to do with him, really. And is like, "He can come too." And I talk to her later about it (had to stop by the house to get my DVD's eeeeee! glad to have them back!) and apparently her and my sister had discussed it awhile back and all would feel bad having him stuck at my place while we went out, so he's invited. She was actually pretty genuine and nice about it, and I can only assume my sister is cool with it as well, since my mom said. I still have to get her a gift, it's now number 1) on my list of things to do (written on my hand), right above "frantically work to conceal the filth I live in before Ryan gets here." Tron is still going to go through, though, because thanks to the 'phew, nothing we ever do with my sister ever lasts past 7. And Tron is probably not going to start till 8 at least (that's when Elaine gets off work).

4) New sup's last day (YAAAAY!!!), Jazz Hands' last day (ultimate sadness).

5) I've been considering (and ultimately discarded the notion on the basis that my parents call my voicemail the most and would complain about profanity) changing my voicemail message to: "Hello, thank you for calling ____*, this is Phoexx0r speaking, how may I help you?" *pause* "No, we don't carry James Blunt." *pause* "Because he sucks and you are an ass clown." But it amused me enough I had to at least put it up somewhere.

________
* store I work at's name

0 comments: