Monday, August 21, 2006

Elevate!

Well I'm kind of glad I'm looking for a new job now, because I'm going to have to be tacky and call in the first day after my vacation is up. Somehow I must've gotten the days mixed up, but Ryan's flight is actually tomorrow (I had thought it was today), and I have to drive him up to Chicago. Obviously I just can't strand him here. I'm going to tell them the truth when I call in and if they get upset about it, fuck'em.

Speaking of which, it was comforting the other day, Opt told me that Elaine was pretty pissed about how boss-boss handled it. I mean, I knew she wasn't in on it, since she was on vacation at the time, but it's good to know I have her in my corner, for whatever that's worth.

It's kind of funny, I actually forgot to tell my parents about the whole thing, and I felt bad, because it pretty much was like, "Hey, yeah, you are not even in the top three people I call when I feel bad, and then I even forget to clue you in later." Because I basically went to three other people (Opt, Sista, Ryan) with it first. Opt IS a logical person to talk to first, because not only is she my friend but she works there too, and has worked there even longer than I have, and thus knows the workings behind some of what people do, such as pointing out to me that boss-boss is a big coward, and that's the motive behind MOST shitty things she does to us. But talking to Sista and Ryan and not calling up my parents pretty much points out that I'm not that close to them. At dinner last night, when I layed it out for them, I kind of did my best to omit Ryan's bit in all this so as to not get them pissed off at him while he was right there.

Which, yeah, they took us out to dinner again, which was nice. And they have been nice to him, which is good, too. I just don't know how much of it is genuine. I mean, it probably is on my dad's part, but my mom does a pretty good job of being nice to people she hates and then bitching about them later.

0 comments: