Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rock Island line is a mighty good road

Book talk!


Me: so about once every one or two weeks, I get a different kind of fruit juice
Me: and it lasts me awhile
Me: and then I have the dregs of like five different types of juices along with the new one
Me: so I have bigger and bigger selection
Me: but this last time I got something called strawberry banana nectar and I think I will have swilled down almost all of it in two days
Ryan: haha
Ryan: is it that good?
Me: I guess
Me: I can never buy it again though
Me: because I will get fat from all the sugar in it and have no money for food
Ryan: haha
Me: a fat person dying of malnutrition is pretty sad
Ryan: I say again, HAHA
Me: there's actually a bit in a book I read once about that
Me: it's a comedy, but it's about the apocolypse
Ryan: dying of malnutrition?
Me: fat people dying of malnutritio9n
Ryan: I read a book like that too
Ryan: well maybe not exactly
Me: and Famine is a person and he runs this business that comes up with synthetic food
Ryan: but the aspect of "famine" had these chains of restaurants that servea;lsdkjf
Ryan: a;sdlkfjas;dlkfjasf0-978
Me: LOL
Me: okay
Me: same book
Me: Good Omens
Ryan: yeah
Ryan: awesome book
Me: I love it
Ryan: did you ever read American Gods?
Me: yeah
Me: it's one of my all time favorites
Ryan: I really liked it
Me: Like..... whenever anyone asks me to reccomend anything (though usually they're jagoffs that don't really want MY opinion) I reccomend that
Me: Have you ever read The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul?
Ryan: hmm nope
Me: DUDE
Me: okay, it's by the guy who does the hitchiker books, Douglas Addams
Me: only I don't like the hitchiker books that much
Ryan: they were okay, just a little random and crazy
Me: but basically it's the same premise as american gods but done in a funny way
Me: and it's amazing too
Me: See, Long Dark Tea-Time is funnier, less random than the hitchikers, and ties together perfectly.

In other news, we're getting headsets at work instead of paging people over the intercom. Which really pisses me off. If I wanted to work at the fucking gap I'd.... work at the fucking gap, okay! Stupidest idea ever. I'm going to have fun saying "breaker breaker" on it for like one week, the novelty is going to wear off, and I'll still have to wear a fucking headset like I am a time-life operator standing by.

Lastly I wanted to mention another awesome part of yesterday, which was going out to Denny's at crazy late at night with Sista. She is HILARIOUS, by the way. She says that about me all the time, but I do not pay back the compliment nearly often enough. Lately, I guess because she's quitting, she's been extra goofy, and it cracks me up.

Anyway we were talking about how we both need a man, and our Denny's server was really cute so we started discussing leaving a number for him. I kept being like, "He likes YOU sista!" because it did seem like he kept smiling at her, "If I leave my number he'll be all, I don't want her number I want the other one!"

And Sista's like, "No he'll be like, I don't want the fattie! I want the girl with the ink on her hand!" (because I had stuff written on my had I wanted to remember)

And I was like no, I write on my hand because I'm a retard. He will want fattie over retard. At least you can stop eating.

And she gestured to herself and was like, "APPARENTLY NOT." And we just started laughing our asses off, like.... just insane crazy people laughter. It was awesome.

For the record though, she is not a fattie. But I actually am a retard.

0 comments: