Saturday, July 29, 2006

It's always better on holiday

So a gift from Phoexx0r is DEFINATELY something special and classy.

My nephew's birthday was pretty much the first gift giving occaision since I moved out, and I forgot to get wrapping paper for it, or a card. But my parents covered with a gift bag, and my sister (who would obviously be the one reading it, not the nephew) didn't seem to mind that much about no card.

Next gift giving occaision: my Dad's birthday. Again I have no wrapping paper. And this is particularly sad since the place I buy most gifts at has free giftwrapping. I just forget.

So what I did was stuff his gift into a Campell's dinner bakes box, tape it shut, and put a piece of paper over the front of the box that says, "Yay! Dad's gift."

Then, the card... well, I refuse to pay for cards. I just do. Not only are they too expensive but the person like looks at them once and then throws them away. I did used to pay for them back when I lived with my parents because I had extra money to buy BS things like that. But now... no. I would rather just give the person the three dollars or whatever.

So I decided to make one. And I think it possibly out ghetto's the campbell's box. And I don't even know if my dad will find it as funny as I do. Anyway, here it is in all it's glory. At least I put some effort into it. At least as much effort as it takes to go out and buy some stupid card, right? By the way, feel free to print it out and give it to someone yourself (preferably someone who does not have high standards about cards) I'd like to think that I contributed to society today. Also the most ghetto part is that the way it prints out none of the pictures are centered properly when you fold it. But that only makes it better, man.

0 comments: