Saturday, June 16, 2012

So it's Jenny's wedding today, and I am super pumped!  I actually used to hate weddings.  Or think I did, anyway.  I didn't realize the difference between being at a larger wedding where you don't know anyone, or a smaller wedding where you know a lot of people and/or are actually close to the bride and/or groom.  So I have loved all the weddings I've been to in the last few years, because I'm actually close to the people.

I also feel like I am contributing, which I've become addicted to.  I mean, on the day I don't need the couple to think "Oh Amy's awesome," or anything, but I do like having actually added something to their special day.

So for Julie & Lothar's wedding, the first one I liked, I was a bridesmaid.  I got to be in the ceremony, help plan the bachelorette party, and I guess this isn't exactly contributing to the actual day, but I made 1,000 cranes for them because you can wish for them to have a happy life together then, and gave that to them.  I also know that Julie likes Feng Shui and that sort of thing.  It was a pain in the ass but totally worth it!

I sort of feel bad that I didn't help that much with my sister's wedding, now.  I threw a bridal shower, but it wasn't that great because I was a college student and didn't have any money.  Plus no one liked the games or anything.  Oh and it was super stressful because my mom, my aunt, and my sister's female inlaws kept bossing me around.

Then of course was my wedding where I obv. did a lot for and super loved.  I also loved what everyone did for me, too!

Then at my dad's wedding I got to make the playlist for the reception (which I super love doing) and everyone loved it!  I also got to give a toast and people really liked it too!  Esp. my new step mom!

Now for Jenny's, I get to be an usher and vandalize her car!  To be honest, I wouldn't really like my car decorated, because then you have to go and clean it off afterwards, but the mothers of both the groom and bride really wanted it done so I have carte blanche!  Though I'm not sure if I should vandalize her car, Rob's car, or both of them.  I suppose I'll do whatever car I see!

0 comments: