Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So... tomorrow I have to have a TB test. It's to see if I have TB (I really felt dumb writing this part of the sentence) because I am going to go on some medication that helps with colitis.... by killing my immune system. Well, partially. Hopefully the part that needlessly attacks my colon. But anyway, TB + killed immune system = death, probably.

I'm kind of nervous about it, actually (the drug, not the test). The drug has a lot of side effects, it seems. Including a higher risk for leukemia, it said. But, on the other hand, using it could lessen the risk of colon cancer. So who the fuck knows... But I need something, I've been missing a lot of work lately. That probably isn't the only serious side effect, I just got partway through and was like, "You know what, I don't even want to know how badly I'm fucking up my body to fix another part of my fucked up body."

0 comments: