Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bleh....

I'm getting tired of all the stupid work meetings they make me do on my day off.

Today I had to meet with my mentor in Subrogation. I'm not really mad at her, because I don't think she realizes it's my day off, but it seems like we always have our meetings on Weds. But I don't get paid for it, and often I am doing something on Weds because it's my day off and no one on earth can ever hang out with me at the time they're free, because they all have regular schedules. I mean--I guess the regular schedule people aren't affected by a lunch meeting on Weds like this was (I kind of forgot that the other day when Jeremy asked me to hang out and got really angry that I had this meeting to go to instead, but then I remembered that he would be working that day anyway), but like, for whatever reason my dad never wants to hang out with me on days I work (even though I'm free before 4 and he is retired and always free) so Weds seems to be our day we hang out a lot. So... kind of annoying.

But worse is the fact that I do all this stuff so I can get promoted. But I'm never going to get promoted. I feel like I'm even losing progress.... there are promotions I applied for a year ago that I at least got an interview, and now I'm not even getting that.

Anyway, another annoyance is the Toastmasters board is always trying to make me meet on Weds evenings. They wanted me to do it again today but I already had plans with my dad that I made months ago. I begged them to at least alternate, because I always have plans Weds evening, but they were like, "so and so can't come any other time." Well, I can't go every Weds. Or even most Wednesdays. Again, this is unpaid. And board meetings are annoying anyway. Everyone's all hardcore like this is a cult and we need to make people join and make them talk. I'm like, "Hey, if we were low pressure more people would join, and then they'd talk when they feel comfortable." That's how I did it.... I joined to get an hour off the phone every two weeks, and I didn't do much at first, but now I've done a lot. I'm one project away from my CL, a few months away from my ALB, and only four projects away from my CC. I will soon have my own alphabet. So maybe...... don't pressure people. I don't get why they never schedule these meetings before or after the regular toastmaster meeting, when we're obviously all going to be there anyway.

3 comments:

Argonius said...

Yeah it's too bad about Wednesday, but we should go out to lunch sometime during the week as I get an hour or so off. I usually just spend it hanging out in the break room reading so it's fun when I have something to go out and do :).

Phoex said...

Oooh that'd be cool.

PS Should I ask where "Argonius" came from?

Argonius said...

It actually came from the name of this race of lizard people in this game I played when I was like 15 called the Argonians. The truth is I just thought it sounded cool so I've been using it as my on-line nick since then.