Friday, August 28, 2009

This was orig. an email to Ryan, but I just need everyone to know how comprehensive my love of buddy cops and finding relationships like that in my own life is:

OH PS Reading about buddy cops on the blog also made me realize I have a buddy cop at work, and it makes me SO FUCKING HAPPY I can't even tell you. In this case, I am the one too old for this shit because he is ridonkulously younger than me (I told you I work with 18 year olds) but we're always working on projects together and the other day I really felt the buddy cop vibe with him. Complete buddycopdom (not that I don't have elements of the buddycop relationship with others) seems to require:

1) we work on something together. Though I didn't know it at the time, there was a guy who was my reporter all the time at TV-10 who was totally buddy cops with me, even to the point that we had to ride around in the same car all the time. This guy reminds me of that guy.

2) When we're around a third person who clearly thinks we are insane and/or complete idiots, and that happened the other day. It is cemented: I have a buddy cop at work.

I feel like I also have elements of buddycopdom with Todd who sits next to me at work too. Again, I'm pretty sure the people who sit around us think we are idiots.

I dunno, complete buddycopdom is something special... it only ever seems to happen with dudes, but I'm never actually attracted to them. Most of the time I'm not even friends with them outside of work. But somehow..... really nice to have.

0 comments: