Sunday, February 15, 2009

Most romantic way to spend VD: doing my taxes with my dad.

Actually, it wasn't that bad. Not even my worst VD. Hell, not even my worst tax experience (that would have to be last year when I hated my life so much I spent the entire time taking it out on my dad and screaming at him about IRA rollovers).

We also saw the International, which is alright but nothing to shout about.

Then we had dinner with my sister's family, which I was actually not invited to but Dad took me along anyway. I was about ready to strangle 'Phew 2 who spent the whole time crying at the top of his lungs. Literally... the manager of the store kept coming up to us and trying to give us ice cream or other things to placate the kid. It was awful. On the other hand, the 'Phew, who I normally bitch about, was like the best behaved kid on earth.

Unfortunately, though, I did take him out into the gift shop (we were at the Honkey Barrel), because my butt was sore and I wanted to get up, and he is normally antsy and wants to get up too when anyone else does. I forgot that kids don't browse, kids want to buy things. He didn't whine at all, though, so I did get him this little snoopy phone filled with candy to reward him. He hugged me at the end of the night, the first time I can recall him spontaneously doing this without being prodded into it by myself or another relative. It felt so good, it made me love him again. But of course, I don't want to buy his love either. I mean 1) that's not real love, and 2) he has a bunch of other relatives who are already doing that and have much deeper pockets.

I also told Tina's man (Archie) to feed her some sausage tonight. *wink wink*

And that is my VD.

0 comments: