Monday, October 20, 2008

meh

Today: good & bad.

From a physical pain standpoint, today was hell. I woke up, and ignorred, a headache which decided to turn into a migraine. I ended up having to lay down in my bathroom (in the darkest area of house) and take some drugs to banish it.

Then, right before work, of course, my colon decided to hurt really badly, and it kept doing so until.... well, it still hurts. I mean... I can't compare it to a lot of types of injury, but colon pain hurts so bad. I feel like my whole body hurts when it's that intense, even up to my face and down to my toes. And in the center is a black hole trying to kill me. Now obviously I haven't felt THAT bad this whole time, but I've felt that bad in bursts this whole time, and in lesser pain in between. I guess it serves me right--I can't skip work because of it... cause I skipped work yesterday for no reason. I think it's also a reaction to overeating (esp. cheese) last night.

The goodness: I actually did not have to take a single call today. This is the first (and probably last) time, but it is what enabled me to cope with work while in pain. 2 hours of it were a team meeting we actually held at Buffalo Wild Wings. Because of the digestive issues, I obviously couldn't eat much (why do these things always happen when I am about to have free food?) but I did manage to suck down a nonalcoholic margarita and about half an order of fries without making anything worse. And of course--two hours of not being at work but still being paid is always swell.

Then, the pivot report normally takes 1/3 to 1/2 of a shift. They've been behind in giving me the numbers by 1 week lately, but they finally caught up so I had 2 to do. I didn't even finish the 2nd one so I have more time off the phone tomorrow! So it was a really awesome workday, though I wish my colon would've let up so I could enjoy it even more.

In non work news, I submitted a resume for a job at a library (I will probably not get it, but trying is something, right?) and stopped at Meijer for some orange juice, advil, and a flu shot. I feel like I got out of the house and actually did something (however minor) for once. So that's good too.

Time to poop.

0 comments: