Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today was... interesting. I started off talking to Rebecca for the first time in months. She was in town and could hang out for about an hour. Of course, since Murphy's law is so fond of me, it was exactly at the one day all week I had anything planned. The thing I had planned was D & D. Which, even though I really like D & D with the group, I probably would've generally had no problems with going there late except this time they'd already all moved the schedule up because I had something after, and then the DM is busy the next two weekends after this. Plus, I'd just woken up so I don't mind saying my brain was a little rusty.

So I was sort of like, "I don't think I can, I have D & D," which probably sounded jerkish, but whatever. But then I was thinking about how much I want to see her, and this has been my first chance since Christmas, and I was like, "I really need to see if I can make this happen." So I called up a member of the D & D group, and he didn't think it was that dickish of me to be late given the circumstances. So I tried calling her back several times, and didn't get her until she was back in Champaign.

So that made me sad, but I did still go to D & D afterwards and that was pretty good. Then I had the aforementioned nephew's party which was kind of shit, but I expected it. He's got so many toys that he wasn't really excited about any of his gifts, and then he randomly ignored me at one point when I was trying to talk to him. I got free pizza though. Except it didn't agree with my colon all that well, which I already knew it wouldn't. I'd already turned down pizza earlier in the day, though, and couldn't do it twice. Why do you have to be so damn irresistable, pizza? And yet so unpleasant to my colon?

I've had to cut down a LOT on cheese lately which sucks, because anyone who knows me knows that cheese makes up about 90% of my diet. I mean, I still feel sick most of the time, but it doesn't hurt as much without cheese as with cheese. I still haven't made an appointment with my poop doctor, because I don't think he can really do anything, but I am tossing around the idea anyway, esp. if I can get him to write a note to my job saying, "back up, fuckers, she's really sick."

0 comments: