Tuesday, February 26, 2008

doin things is what I like to do

So I made another bloody poo yesterday, so I guess the up the butt pills did not have a lasting effect. I am putting off calling the doctor about it, because I don't want to go to the doctor, and moreover I don't want to pay the doctor. I didn't realize how lucky I was back when my parents paid my medical expenses. Health insurance sucks, you never really meet your deductible unless something really awful happens to you. But if you've had a wart on your foot you've needed to talk to someone about for six months, gynecological issues, chronic digestive problems.... you're on your own.

Plus, like I said, they don't seem to mind to leave you in their waiting room for hours at a time so that you can see the doctor for like, 15 minutes.

In other news, I'm part of this lame public speaking group at work, and I have to give a speech about myself. I can't think of anything about me that is both interesting and appropriate. There is nothing really inspiring or unique about me. The only thing I can really do is funny, and it's usually not clean funny. I'm half tempted to dress up as a cowboy and lip synch to Bill Cosby stand-up (this is a reference to Eugene Mirman stand-up that I can't find on youtube to share with you, and hence is probably only funny to me and the Roni). I think I'd like the Toastmaster to tell me that I get an A plus but that I have to see a doctor.

2 comments:

the becca said...

When I was having to write your letter of recommendation, a guy on IRC told me he'd give me $50 if I titled it "Colitis & Me: A Girl's Tale".

I won't give you $50, but I think I've just given you a great topic for your speech!

Phoex said...

1) You tellin' dudes on IRC about my poos? I feel famous.

3) Eh, I thought of that, but I don't think I'm going to go with it. First off, the only thing I like about telling people about my poo disease is the poo jokes, and I wouldn't really be able to do that at work. Secondly, it's not really inspiring, just becuase it hasn't killed me, it's not like it's made me stronger. I haven't really overcome the disease or even gone into remission. Thirdly, I dunno, I just sorta hope that that's not the thing that ends up defining me in life.

Oh wells.