Saturday, January 05, 2008

Because everyone loves home decor, right?

Today I looked at furniture. I feel kind of bad doing it on my own, cause my mom and I were supposed to do this but then she got sick. I was going to wait till she gets better, but my dad keeps pushing me to go ahead and look at stuff. Anyway, I went to a place today.

--Sofas: hard choice. I like my current one so much, and it actually goes with my decor. Whereas most stuff: crazily, tan. Yeah, what the fuck is right, my friends. I looked at a couple of pull out sofas and a futon-y thing, though, for my guest room. Nothing was noteworthy.

--Chairs. Eh, nothing goes with my place, but I am a sucker for recliners. They all seem pretty nice, and don't go with anything. My favorite, comfort-wise was this one though it, too, does not go with anything.

--Bedroom sets. I dunno, I don't want a big-ass footboard or just big-ass everything. My mom was talking about getting a bed, nightstand, chest, dresser, and then putting my old nightstand & chest in the guest room.

my favorite bed

set that goes with it

set that was nice but enormous, and not cheap

set on sale

another one on sale

--Mattresses eh, I don't know. I'm picky.

Plus my dad just randomly gave me a new battery for my cell phone today, which is nice because every conversation I have with anyone that is over 5 minutes lately ends with the phone hanging up. I just happened to mention to it, and I guess he and my mom (who have the same phone as me) had an extra around. I win!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can wait, there's gonna be a fairly nice big blue recliner coming down here from Michigan if my mom ever visits. I have no room at all for it here, but it would match your living room pretty well, I think. I thought about mentioning it before, but I don't know really where you'd put it with the current configuration. if nothing else, you could stick it in the guest room or something for when people go in there to... you know, sit, I guess.