Friday, December 21, 2007

Fake christmas everybody!

The Roni & I had our Christmas this week because we probably aren't going to be able to see each other next week. I must say, though I knew it already, he is a total sweetie and got all awesome things without me having to think up stuff. As well as the stuff I mentioned from my stocking earlier, he got me:

-a nice snuggly bathroom with snowflakes on it! I had been wanting a bathrobe since it has gotten colder and I am a lazy slob who happens to have a second shift job (IE I frequently stay in my PJ's until 3 pm when I'm about to go to work, and I've been cold in them and wanted something to put over them)

-http://www.amazon.com/Perry-Bible-Fellowship-Colonel-Stories/dp/1593078447">this, which I'd really wanted when it first came out but couldn't get over my aversion to purchasing hardcover books, and had kind of forgotten about until now. It was seriously one of those "HOW DID YOU KNOW I WANTED THAT!?!?" gifts. I mean, I knew he liked PBF, but this was super sweet.

-Nick Hornby (related) book I didn't even know existed!

--A signed copy of this. I forgot to ask him if he orig. planned on this, or if he decided on it after he realized I was getting him this one.

In addition, I got him an Achewood hoodie that lets the world know he is a very special boy. I made him some of my weird coupons, and then made an oragami box for him that contains a gingerbread man he once made with a cleveland steamer.

We also made Christmas dinner, which took quite some time because the turkey was too frozen and my oven randomly turns off without you wanting it to sometimes. It was still pretty good, not to mention the rolls and such.

My parents also got to partake in fake Christmas, because I had at one point ordered them this for them and it came yesterday. Between that and some goodies Roni got them, they were pretty well set, and it was nice to hear that it increased my mom's appetite (the chemo's been making her not eat).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly did plan on getting you the strip long before I took an outside guess on you getting me one- it was back when I gave you the few that you hadn't seen from not having interwebs and asked you after that which strip you'd consider your favorite ever (the delay was for a lot of paypal bullshit and trying to decide between that and pimp skitters.)

Glad you liked everything, my stuff was def. cool.