Saturday, October 06, 2007

uhjhjk

So, I pretty much hate the world for being idiots and not liking what I like.

See.... some things I don't like, I get it why some people might like it. Some things I do like, I can see why it wouldn't be for everyone. But fuck, I'm really getting tired of decorating my new place when it seems like I get thwarted at EVERY GODDAMN TURN.

Now, all of a sudden, I'm being told that the tile I picked out for the kitchen is shitty. Because it's a dark, dark gray, almost black. I'm now told that I should'nt get it and that it will tank the resale value. WTF? How is black a crazy color? Is there some memo that I didn't get, where Black is the new neon pink? I'd really fucking like to know why these bitches tell me this like a month AFTER I pick out the tile, and a few weeks after I pick all the shit that's supposed to coordinate with said tile, so that if they convinced me into another tile I could pick out shit that actually went with it. Anyway, I was sort of like, "okay maybe they're right" until I saw the alternate tile they suggested, which was GODDDAMN FUCKING TAN. I am SO angry right now. I really, really hate the goddamn son of a bitchface morons who would rather buy a place with shitty tan tile than black. If my parents try to resell this place, and someone cites that they won't buy the place soley because it's not tan enough, I will seriously follow them back to their house with a shotgun and SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE AT POINT BLANK RANGE. These people do not deserve to live. And NOW people are giving me all this advice like, "if you want to do crazy shit with the walls, that's cool cause paint is cheap. Just buy neutral tile no one can hate." Well, when did black become hated? And fuck, my mom was already giving me shit about the paint I wanted, so I had to go semi neutral with that. I really don't appreciate ASSHOLE JERKS telling me "only a goth" would like my tile. Again, a month after I picked it. No one told me this shit when I picked it out. And I really, really don't understand the outcry about this. There are some things I did that are kind of crazy (at the urging of my mom, actually) that no one gives a shit about. Weird green carpet in one of the bedrooms, weird red tile on the kitchen backsplash.... I would change these things in a second, but apparently they are decisions actually liked. But anything I actually want.... crazy and stupid.

I really fucking hate how I feel about this. Like I'm destroying something by making it mine. I really wish that I could either just do whatever the fuck I want or they would just take the decision out of my hands altogether. This in between shit just makes me feel crappy and like a bad person for tanking the resale value, and mad at the world and it's FUCKING ASININE LOVE AFFAIR WITH THE BUTT UGLIEST COLOR OF ALL TIME, TAN.

2 comments:

Terrace said...

ok, I'm sorry, but black is a classic color for the kitchen. Why else would you be able to buy all your major kitchen appliances in black? Black and white checkers is very popular in a kitchen and bathroom scheme. Check and see if the tan costs more than the black, that could be their obsession with pushing it so hard, although I can understand the idea of keeping things nuetral for the resale value. BUT that doesn't make sense unless if your planning on flipping the condo, meaning buying it, putting a little money in it then resaling it quick. Your planning on living in this thing for some time to come and they should just shut the hell up about it.

Phoex said...

Yeah... I'm not sure what's up with that. Though it's not checkers, it's straight up all dark gray. But I mean, it's not just my parents saying this, it's the contractor. And my brother in law was so very nice as to throw in the goth comment.

As for resale value, I dunno. I just don't know if I want to live in this town forever, and I told them that straight up. Which means they might have to unload the thing sooner or later.